Terms and Conditions for obtaining passes and tickets to festival events on americanfilmfestival.pl
- Service - the Internet service at the americanfilmfestival.pldomain, to which Organizer holds the rights;
- Organizer - the New Horizons Association with a registered seat in Warsaw on ul. Ludwika Zamenhofa 1, 00-153 Warsaw, entered in the register of associations, other social and professional associations, foundations and independent public healthcare facilities and in the register of entrepreneurs maintained by the Regional Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under numbers KRS: 0000162000, NIP: 525-22-71-014, REGON: 015503904;
- Purchaser - an individual, incorporated entity or unincorporated organization possessing legal capacity, which concludes with Organizer an agreement for the obtaining a Pass and/or Ticket; a Purchaser who is an individual must possess full legal capacity;
- Participant - an individual, who takes part in an Event pursuant to a Pass and/or Ticket. A Purchaser may be a Participant;
- Event - a film festival, concert, or other event organized by Organizer, in which participation is permitted pursuant to a Pass and/or Ticket;
- Passes - certain documents confirming conclusion of an agreement with Organizer, which entitle holders to take part in Events specifically indicated by Organizer, i.e. entitling participation in film festival screenings and/or sold to media and film industry entities (Press Accreditations);
- Tickets - certain documents confirming conclusion of an agreement with Organizer, which entitle holders to participate in events specifically indicated by Organizer, i.e. entitling to participation in numerous or individual film screenings, special screenings, and concerts;
- Discount Documents - documents defined by Organizer, legal holders of which acting as Purchasers shall be entitled to discounts for obtaining Passes or Tickets;
- Terms and Conditions - these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions define the procedures for obtaining Passes and/or Tickets via the Service.
- Acquiring Passes and/or Tickets via the service shall require the Purchaser to establish an account in the Service pursuant to the Terms and conditions of providing electronic services at americanfilmfestival.pl.
- In case of an agreement for obtaining Passes and/or Tickets via the Service with the consumer, said agreement shall be deemed an agreement concluded remotely pursuant to the act dated 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] from 2014, pos. 827).
- Prior to concluding an agreement for obtaining Passes and/or Tickets, Purchaser shall be required to review the Terms and Conditions. Agreement conclusion shall require prior acceptance of provisions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
- Purchaser shall observe provisions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
- Terms and Conditions shall be made available to Purchasers free of charge via the Service for download, saving and printing.
Principles for obtaining Passes and/or Tickets
- Organizer shall provide in the Service information concerning current Events for which passes and/or Tickets are available for sale.
- Organizer shall provide in the Service information about:
- the kinds of Passes and/or Tickets Purchaser offered and shall also indicate if such are transferable or nontransferable documents,
- principles for issuing Passes and/or Tickets, in particular any requirements concerning providing Organizer with Participant's photographs (this is applicable to Passes),
- principles for using Passes and/or Tickets, and shall particularly indicate whether a Pass and/or Ticket by itself entitles to participation in an Event, or whether additional reservation for an Event or parts thereof shall be required,
- the gross (total) price of Passes and Tickets as well as promotions and discounts set and honored by organizers as well as any required Discount Documents or requirement to fulfill other terms and Conditions entitling to discounts,
- the term when Passes and Tickets are sold by indicating the days and/or hours during which orders for Passes and/or Tickets may be submitted,
- permitted forms of payment for Passes and/or Tickets,
- technical requirements for the equipment through which Purchaser shall Obtain Tickets and/or Passes as well as making Ticket reservations,
- the terms for Pass and/or Ticket pick-up, by indicating whether exclusively in-person pick up is available (including defining the location and date/time of pickup), and/or whether Organizer has provided for sending passes and/or Tickets in electronic format to be printed by Participant,
- the terms for participating in Events and relevant Participant obligations.
- Providing the information described in item 2 above shall constitute a request for offer (order) by Purchaser.
- Placing an order shall require selection of the kind of Pass and/or Ticket, the quantity of such, manner of payment and receipt of Pass and/or Ticket within the scope of choice allowed by Organizer. Organizer provides for the possibility of one person purchasing solely one Pass, though it is possible for a Purchaser to order a Pass for a third-party (Participant).
- Conclusion of an agreement to obtain Passes and/or Tickets shall occur upon acceptance by Organizer of an order submitted by Purchaser, which shall occur by the sending of email notice to a Purchaser email address.
- In the event of reasonable doubt as to the veracity of information provided in the order (however, this shall not apply to the selection of the type of Passes and/or Tickets, quantity thereof, selection of screenings, etc.) or Purchaser or Participant information (including the photograph thereof), Organizer shall attempt to contact Purchaser for the purpose of correction thereof. In the event it is not possible to contact Purchaser or correct errors, Organizer shall be entitled to cancel the order and inform Purchaser thereof to the extent possible. In the event Purchaser had previously paid the purchase price (for such order) Organizer shall refund said prepayment within 14 days from order cancellation.
- Pass and/or Ticket sales are limited to the number available Passes and/or Tickets. Organizer shall make best efforts to maintain the Pass and/or Ticket offer current. In the event the Purchaser submits an order for Passes and/or Tickets that are currently unavailable, Organizer shall inform Purchaser of such by refusing to accept the order for processing. In the event Purchaser has already paid the price, Organizer shall refund the prepayment within 14 days of conveying said information.
- Unless Organizer provides otherwise, Pass and/or Ticket duplicates shall not be issued.
- The gross (total) price for Passes and/or Tickets applicable at time of order by Purchaser shall apply to each order submitted thereby. Organizer shall inform Purchasers of any additional charges associated with purchased Passes and/or Tickets.
- Purchaser shall pay for Passes within 24 hours from receipt of order by Organizer, unless Organizer provides otherwise with respect to a specific Event.
- Purchaser shall pay for Tickets within 30 minutes from receipt of order by Organizer, unless Organizer provides otherwise with respect to a specific Event.
- Purchaser may select one of the forms of payment provided for by Organizer, which forms shall be specifically described in a given Event description published on the Service. Organizer may provide for one of the following particular payment forms:
- payment by electronic transfer or payment card
- In the event the payment referenced in item 2 above is not timely made in full, Organizer shall cancel Purchaser's order, about which Purchaser shall be informed. If Purchaser has paid a portion of the price, Organizer shall refund the amount paid in full.
- When making payment by electronic transfer, in the payment description Purchaser shall provide the order number assigned by Organizer. In the event of the failure to provide such number, Organizer shall endeavor to establish such number, in particular by contacting Purchaser. In the event it is impossible to establish the order number for a given transfer payment, Organizer shall refund the amount paid to the bank account from which the transfer was made and shall cancel the order. The provisions of item 4 above shall appropriately apply.
- Payment of the purchase price shall be effected upon:
- in the event of payment by electronic transfer or payment card - crediting of the bank account number of the service provider receiving payments on behalf of Organizer,
- in the event of payment in cash - upon payment being made.
Pass and Ticket Pickup
- Unless Organizer provides otherwise, Passes and/or Tickets may be picked up solely in person at a location described by Organizer in the given Event description published on the Service. Unless Organizer provides otherwise, only a Participant may pick up his or her Pass and/or Ticket.
- Unless Organizer provides otherwise, in order to pick up Passes and/or Tickets, Purchaser shall be required to present identity documents or, if Purchaser has purchased a Pass and/or Ticket for Participant, the Participant on behalf of whom purchase has been made shall present the identification at pickup.
- If Organizer provides for the possibility of selecting from among various forms of delivering Passes and Tickets, delivery shall occur in the form selected by Purchaser.
- In the event of purchasing a Pass at a discount, Participant shall be obligated upon Pass pickup to present Organizer's employee with a Discount Document used in the purchase process. In the event of the failure to present a Discount Document, Organizer's employee shall be entitled to refuse to issue a Pass unless Purchaser pays the Pass price in full.
- In the event of purchasing a Ticket at a discount, prior to entry to the Event location Participant shall be obligated to present Organizer's employee with a Discount Document used in the purchase process. In the event of a failure to present the Discount Document, Organizer's employee shall be entitled to refuse admittance to the Event or request Participant pay the Ticket price in full.
The right to terminate an agreement concluded remotely pursuant to the Act dated 30 may 2014 on consumer rights, shall not apply to Purchasers who are consumers pursuant to legal regulations in the event of concluding an agreement to obtain a Pass and/or Ticket with Organizer, pursuant to article 38 point 12) of said act, because such concerns providing services related to recreation, entertainment, sporting or cultural events on the selected day or term of service provision.
Complaints, return and refund requests
- Any and all refund requests concerning the agreement to obtain Passes and/or Tickets shall be made by Purchaser in writing to Organizer's address or in electronic format to the address listed in § 8 item 1 of the Terms and Conditions.
- A refund request shall contain the Purchaser's first name, last name, postal and email addresses.
- Refund requests shall be reviewed within 30 days from receipt thereof request by Organizer.
- In reviewing refund requests Organizer shall apply provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
- Organizer shall notify Purchaser in writing of the refund decision to the postal or email address provided in the refund request.
- Any and all questions, opinions and requests concerning the agreement to obtain Passes and/or Tickets and notifications made to Organizer in electronic form, shall be submitted by Purchaser to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The provisions of Terms and Conditions in the version applicable upon the conclusion of an agreement to obtain Passes and/or Tickets shall apply to said agreement.
- These Terms and Conditions shall become applicable upon September 28 2021.